Hello FVA students,
If you are having a problem playing the videos on the FVA Academy site, here are some of the tips that you can try to solve the issue.
- Please make sure that you are using a computer and a Google Chrome browser, our website works best in this browser.
- Clear your browsing history, cached images and files, and cookies if needed.
- Check your internet speed using speedtest.net. We recommend at least 5 mbps download/upload speed for the videos to play properly.
- Turn off your WIFI router after a minute then turn it on again.
- Go to your browser settings – Advanced – System, then toggle on or off the option: Use hardware acceleration when available.
- You may be in a location where our video host Vimeo.com is not available. If this is the case, you may install the Hola VPN extension for Google chrome and select another country for viewing the Academy site.
- If the previous steps still did not work, you may try to reset your DNS using the following steps:
- For Windows users, run the Command Prompt as an Administrator.
- Under the command prompt, type the following:
- Type “ipconfig /flushdns” and press Enter.
- Type “ipconfig /registerdns” and press Enter.
- Type “ipconfig /release” and press Enter.
- Type “ipconfig /renew” and press Enter.
- Type “netsh winsock reset” and press Enter.
- Restart the computer.
Hope these tips help to fix any video playing issues in your browser 🙂
If you have any more questions, just send us a message.